Your Friends on Wisdoc are Friends and Family members that you trust, with whom you share similar values, interests (e.g. same sports), preferences, needs (e.g. kids of the same age)... For better results, we recommend that you invite a larger group at the beginning. It is also more practical to chose Friends who live in your neighbourhood or same city.
You have to send an invitation to connect to these selected Friends and Family members and they need to accept your invitation. By sending them an invitation, you accept to share with them your recommendations and evaluations of Specialists. By accepting your invitation, your WISDOC Friends agree to share with you their recommendations and evaluations of Specialists.
As long as they have not accepted your invitation, you will see "Pending" next to their name. You will only be able to see their recommendations once they have accepted. You can decide to invite more people, or unfollow somebody (remove somebody from you Trusted Friends list) at any time.
If you don't have any WISDOC Friends, when you search for a specific doctor or Specialist, you will not be able to benefit from the detailed recommendations and evaluations from users you know personally. You will be able to see the recommendations from other users but in an anonymous way, but is sometimes more reassuring to know who has made the recommendation when searching for the best Specialist.
Also, when you search for a specific doctor or Specialist, for a specific disease or condition, you can only send a specific request for recommendation to your WISDOC Friends.
This is an invitation that you've sent to a friend or family member to become one of your WISDOC Friends, that has not been accepted yet.
You have pre-approved for your friend to see your recommendations and evaluations of Specialists, but he/she will not be able to see these as long as he/she has not accepted your invitation. Once it is approved, you will also be able to see his/her recommendations and evaluations of Specialists.
You can decide at any time to revoke a pending invitation. Your invitation will then disappear from your friend's list of pending invitations.
No. It is up to you. If you don't desire to share your recommendations and evaluations of Specialists with that person, you should not accept it. By not accepting his/her invitation, you will also not be able to see his/her recommendations and evaluations. Keep in mind that you always have the option to make "anonymous" recommendations, which will hide your name, even to your community of WISDOC Friends.
Your recommendations as well as evaluations and comments are shared with other WISDOC users in an anonymous way. Only your WISDOC Friends will be able to see that a given recommendation, as well as the details of the skills and evaluations, was made by you. Remember that you can always make a recommendation anonymous. In that case, your WISDOC Friends will know that the recommendation and evaluations come from one of their WISDOC Friends but will not know who in particular.
It is always useful to add a comment to complement a recommendation and evaluation. Please make sure that your comment remains appropriate and fact-based. The WISDOC Team reserves the right to suppress comments that are deemed inappropriate.
There are 3 specific situations when you can write a comment:
1) When you recommend a Specialist, you can leave a comment. Only your WISDOC Friends will be able to see your name associated to your recommendation,
2) As additional information, to specify your demand, when you ask your WISDOC Friends for a specific recommendation. Only your WISDOC Friends contacted will see your comment
3) As additional information, when you reply to a demand for a specific recommendation from one of your WISDOC Friends, and again only your WISDOC Friend asking for a recommendation will see your comment.
- You have recommended a Specialist? The (optional) comment that you have left with your recommendation is visible by your WISDOC Friends only.
- You have sent a specific demand for a recommendation with a comment? Only your WISDOC Friends receiving your demand can see your comment
- A WISDOC Friend sent you a specific demand for a recommendation? The eventual comment that you added to your response is visible anonymously by all WISDOC users. Only your WISDOC Friend will see you name associated to your comment.
Yes, you can share/forward a recommendation of a Specialist that was recommended to you by one of your WISDOC Friends, even if you had no direct experience with this Specialist. We will ask you to specify this and ask you to formally recommend the Specialist if you did have a direct experience with this Specialist. Confidentiality, and eventually anonymity, will be respected, as WISDOC will verify that your WISDOC Friend receiving the forwarded recommendation is also a WISDOC Friend from the person who made the original recommendation.
This allows WISDOC to let you know when you connect the first time, and at any time later, who among your Facebook friends are already using WISDOC. This is only for information purpose. You're indeed free to invite who you want in your community of WISDOC Friends.
When you register using your Facebook account, WISDOC also receives your profile picture (for you WISDOC profile, but you can always change it later), your gender and your date of birth.
When you registered on WISDOC, if you didn't do it using your Facebook account, you are free to synchronise your WISDOC account with your Facebook account at a later stage using the button "Synch with Facebook" in My Account / Settings.
Only the persons that you have invited to be part of your community of WISDOC Friends will have access to your recommendations and evaluations associated to your name. All other WISDOC users can see your comments and evaluations but only anonymously (only your first name is indicated). And even within your community of WISDOC Friends, you are still able to make anonymous recommendations (in that case, only WISDOC knows it is from you and can guarantee to you WISDOC Friends that it comes from one of their WISDOC Friends)
Only users registered on the WISDOC website (and/or on the App) can recommend a doctor and leave an evaluation.
Recommendations are made by WISDOC Users in priority for their WISDOC Friends, who are friends and family members for whom they care.
We ask to WISDOC Users to leave a recommendation and an evaluation only if they had a direct experience with the specialist, for themselves or a member of their close family.
We can also mention that a specialist is not legally allowed to paid-for publicity fir his/her practice and any activity that would result in artificially increasing the number of recommendations can be assimilated to publicity.
The WISDOC Team monitors also the flow of recommendations, its origins and its beneficiary, and such practice is usually quickly identified.
We really encourage you do so a recommend your favorite/best doctors, so you contribute to the greater health of the community.
- You need to be registered as user on WISDOC (easy and free) in order to be able to recommend a doctor.
- We ask to WISDOC Users to leave a recommendation and an evaluation only if they had a direct experience with the specialist, for themselves or a member of their close family.
The recommendation process is a 4-step process that takes less than 30 second to complete:
1. First, we ask you if you wish to make this recommendation anonymous. This is only vis-à-vis your WISDOC friends. If you chose this option, your WISDOC friends will see "one of your friends" instead of your first name and family name. Remember that your evaluation and recommendation are always anonymous to all other WISDOC users.
2. then, we ask you to assess (on a scale of 1, very poor, to 5, excellent) the doctor's
• Listening skills – how the doctor took the time to listen to your explanations and how he/she took the time to clarify the situation with you
• Explanations - clarity of explanations on the injury/disease/issue and on the treatment
• Follow-up – how the doctor did follow up after your appointment, by email or phone. If this is not relevant to your situation, please indicate 5 on this dimension
• Availability – how easy it was to book an appointment with this doctor and if the delay to have an appointment was acceptable
If the average note is 3.5 or higher, it will automatically add one recommendation to the total amount of recommendations of the doctor. If not, you evaluation will be recorded and be available to other users but it will not trigger an additional recommendation.
Note: on purpose, we're not asking you to assess the efficiency of the diagnostic and of the treatment, as all medical patients and situations are different, and only medical specialist can assess this aspect.
3. This step is quite important. We ask you to indicate for which type of injury, disease, diagnostic procedure, surgical or medical treatments you have seen this doctor. Only indicate something if you visited this doctor specifically for this, and if you were pleased with the outcome of the visit. This step will help to identify the sub-specialties of the doctor you visited. We suggest possible answers below the question, but these are only suggestions based on the doctor's specialty and the other patients' comments. You're totally free to indicated one or several other specialties
4. In this last step, you're free to add a comment. It is always useful for other patients to have some comment complementing your evaluation, so we encourage you to leave one. Again, remember that your comment, like the rest of your evaluation, is anonymous to other WISDOC users, beside your WISDOC friends, and if you have chosen "anonymous" in step 1, it will be for all WISDOC users, including your friends.
The easiest is to experiment the process by recommending your first doctor!
We are always pleased to receive feedbacks and questions, feel free to reach us thru our contact form